As a special request, I was asked to look up a zucchini bread recipe and found this one that looks scrumptious!
I haven’t tried this recipe myself, however, I have tried many Clean Eating recipes and they have all been delicious (no exaggeration)!
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 2/3 cup of apple, grated
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Mist an 8 x 4-inch or 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together apple, zucchini, egg, yogurt and honey.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold until just combined. Spread batter into prepared pan and bake until golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes.
Nutrients per 3/4-inch slice (2 oz): Calories: 113, Total Fat: 1 g, Sat. Fat: 0.25 g, Carbs: 24 g, Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 9 g, Protein: 4 g, Sodium: 125 mg, Cholesterol: 21 mg