Dry Brushing: Boots your immune system & helps you detox!
Are you sick and tired of being sick and tired? Why not try dry brushing?! Dry brushing is a new technique used take care of yourself that I discovered a few weeks ago. Reading an article on the many health benefits to dry brushing sold me so much that I went out and bought a dry bush the very next day.
Here is a list of the many benefits to dry brushing listed on Joy McCarthy’s blog:
1. Skin detox: Sloughing off dead skin cells rejuvenates the skin and allows toxins to move out of the body
3. Get your glow-on! Removing dead skin layers softens rough patches
4. Helps reduce cellulite and prevent it.
5. Soft skin: Stimulates the hormone and oil producing glands
6. Stimulates circulation
7. It’s incredibly invigorating!
How to dry brush: (also watch the video from the link below to find out more information), brush your body from the feet up in a circular motion towards your heart.
Where to buy one: Want to know where to buy a dry brush? I purchased my dry brush at Noah’s Health Food store. Check out other health food stores to see if dry brushes are available!
For more information on what the lymphatic system is and how it is linked to your immune system and a quick video on how to dry brush properly, check out this blog: http://www.joyoushealth.ca/2010/06/15/dry-skin-brushing-for-glow-immune-health/