Brussels Sprout Chips
I don’t know about you, but I have never been a fan of Brussels Sprouts. Bleh. I never liked the flavor, texture, smell etc. I surprised myself this past thanksgiving by finally saying out loud that I liked Brussels Sprouts! Why did I like them? Well, they were in the form of chips!
Check out the recipe below and discover that you’ll actually love Brussels Sprouts too!
- 10 brussels sprouts
- 1 tsp. olive oil (or Misto olive oil sprayer)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To remove outer leaves of brussels sprouts, use a sharp knife to trim off the very bottom. Outer leaves should fall off easily. Once outer leaves are removed, trim the bottom again, removing more leaves. Continue removing leaves until they become difficult to peel off. Save the center of each brussels sprout for another recipe.
- Toss leaves with olive oil and salt. Spread out in a single layer on baking sheets lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Roast for 10 minutes, then check leaves. Remove any that are crisp. Place baking sheet back in the oven and check every few minutes until all leaves are crisp. A little browning on the edge of the leaves is fine, but don’t let the entire leaf turn brown or it will become bitter.
- Serve immediately.