Top 3 Ways to Boost Your Metabolism
Posted by csinclair
I am a huge fan of the Tone It Up girls, Karena and Katrina. I love their Nutrition plan, their exercises and how motivating they are. They offer a great method of social support through a Tone It Up Community where you can post what you’ve eaten for the day, what exercises you have completed, questions you have and even just to say “AHH! I’M LACKING MOTIVATION!!!”
Katrina posted an awesome video on the TIU website about 3 ways to boost your metabolism. I strongly encourage you check out their webpage. They are extremely motivating and quite knowledgeable. Here are the main points from the video. If you check out the video, let me know what you think!
Top 3 Ways to Boost your Metabolism:
– If you are chronically dehydrated, you can gain up to 10 pounds in 1 year
– If you are not properly hydrated, your body cannot function
– K&K recommendation: drink at least half your body weight in ounces of water (ex. if you weigh 150 lbs, drink 75 oz of water) and for every 30 minutes of activity you do, drink an extra 8 oz of water
– Interesting fact from K&K: You can gain this 10 pounds even if you are eating a good diet and exercising. This may be the key to helping you lose those stubborn last few pounds!
2. High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
– Increases your metabolism for the rest of the day. Why? Because of EPOC (Exercise Post Oxygen Consumption)
– What is EPOC? Since your body temperature is higher, it has to work hard to get back to a normal state and uses nutrients (Side note: I did a HIIT workout on Sunday and I was extremely red faced for at least 30 minutes after the workout… oh baby!)
– Turns us into a fat burning machine
3. Lean Clean and Green Foods
– Nutrient dense foods your bodies love: eat a certain parts of the day
– Lean meats, clean foods (process free) and green (tons of veggies, fruits – antioxidants etc)
– When you have protein- thermic effect on your body… you burn calories while you eat protein
Check out Karena & Katrina’s website: www.toneitup.com I love love love these girls! Such inspirations for me!
Posted on December 4, 2013, in Exercise, Nutrition, Weight Loss and tagged Body weight, clean eating, fruits and vegetables, High-intensity interval training, hydration, karena and katrina, lean protein, metabolism, Nutrition, sweating, Thermic effect of food, Thermoregulation, Tone It Up. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.