Southwestern Cheddar Steak Fries from Clean Eating
Your mouth will water as soon as you see this delicious recipe. Oh my goodness it looks delicious. Apart from being delicious, want to know another amazing benefit? This recipe only takes 8 minutes to make! I found this recipe on Clean Eating and it was posted by Nancy S. Hughes. Enjoy!!
Hands-on time: 8 minutes
Total time: 27 minutes
- 1 lb red or Yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut lengthwise into 3/4-inch wedges
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 oz finely shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Place potatoes on baking sheet, drizzle evenly with oil and toss to coat lightly. In a small bowl, combine paprika, cumin and garlic powder. Sprinkle paprika mixture evenly over both sides of potatoes, then arrange potatoes in a single layer. Bake in center of oven for 10 minutes, then flip and stir, and bake for 7 minutes or until lightly golden and tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with salt, cheese and pepper. Bake for 2 minutes more or until cheese has melted slightly. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve immediately for peak flavor.
Nutrients per serving (2/3 cup serving cheddar steak fries): Calories: 154, Total Fat: 5 g, Sat. Fat: 1.5 g, Carbs: 22 g, Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 0.5 g, Protein: 5 g, Sodium: 187 mg, Cholesterol: 5 mg
Red and Yukon gold potatoes generally weigh 2 to 6 ounces each. When shopping, select taters that weigh about 6 ounces in order to achieve these long spear-like wedges (ideal for holding a substantial helping of our bright toppings!).
Posted on December 5, 2013, in Nutrition and tagged Cheddar cheese, clean eating, delicious, French fries, healthy and delicious, Olive oil, Yukon Gold potato, yummy. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.