MBG’s 9 Ways to Become A Better and More Positive You
Sometimes I get a bit down on myself because I haven’t gotten my Kinesiology job yet. Then I stop and think to myself that it’s okay. My day will come that I get my dream job. I am more particular about what I’m searching for and it is harder to find. Once I get all my credentials, I’ll go full force into “Operation Get Chantal a Kinesiology Job”. Anyways, I try not to get down in the dumps or discouraged about it (however, sometimes I definitely do). This morning I really felt like reading about how to be more positive and feel better about myself. Funny thing is, when I went onto the Mind Body Green webpage, “9 Ways to Become a Better and More Positive You” was on the front page. Things definitely happen for a reason. Below I’ve summarized the 9 things from the webpage. I’ll post the link below.
1. Say affirmations every day until they sink in and resonate within every cell of your being.
– Saying affirmations eventually fully resonate with you and make you feel better.
2. Use visualizations to get clear on what you want.
– Positive visualizations help bring positive situations to you. I once heard “you only have room for one thought at a time in your head… why not make it a positive one?”
3. Create a vision board and place it where you can see it regularly.
– Make sure you see it on a regular basis. MBG suggests that you write in BIG words: “Thank you, thank you, thank you” telling the world that you are thankful for everything it’s brought you and everything you will be receiving.
4. Practice expressing an attitude of gratitude for all that you have in your life.
– Gratitude creates a positive spin on your life
5. Listen to joyful music.
– Happy music always pumps me up and MBG agrees!
6. Read motivational books.
– MBG suggests that it makes you feel beautiful and empowered and excited about your personal growth journey
7. Put inspiring quotes around everywhere for you to see.
– By doing this, you’ll feel more inspired
8. Surround yourself with people who lift you up.
– This is so true. I always try and be around positive people because their positivity rubs off on me. The same thing goes for surrounding yourself with negative people.
9. Practice meditation.
– I’m going to be honest, I don’t practice mediation. I do pray a lot and find that does the same thing for me. Both make you feel more at peace and at ease in the world.