Food Friday: Egg & Salmon Sandwich Recipe
Looking for a quick and delicious breakfast? I always am! Check out this recipe from Eating Well that only takes 15 minutes!
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon capers, rinsed and chopped (optional)
- 1 ounce smoked salmon
- 1 slice tomato
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin, split and toasted
- Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until it begins to soften, about 1 minute. Add egg whites, salt and capers (if using) and cook, stirring constantly, until whites are set, about 30 seconds.
- To make the sandwich, layer the egg whites, smoked salmon and tomato on English muffin.
Per serving: 214 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 7 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrates; 19 g protein; 3 g fiber; 670 mg sodium; 221 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Good source of omega-3s.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 2 lean meat
Posted on January 10, 2014, in Food Fridays, Nutrition and tagged Breakfast, delicious, Easy Breakfast, Eating Well, Egg Whites, eggs, Fast Food, Olive oil, Quick and Easy Breakfast, Quick Breakfast, salmon, Smoked salmon. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.