Mmm I love tacos
Check out this healthy recipe from Eating Well!
Makes: 1 serving
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute, such as Egg Beaters
- Top tortillas with salsa and cheese. Heat in the microwave until the cheese is melted, about 30 seconds.
- Meanwhile coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat, add egg substitute and cook, stirring, until the eggs are cooked through, about 90 seconds. Divide the scrambled egg between the tacos.
Per serving: 153 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 17 g protein; 0 g fiber; 453 mg sodium; 207 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 very lean meat
Check out the website for the picture and other great recipes!!
Looking for a quick and delicious breakfast? I always am! Check out this recipe from Eating Well that only takes 15 minutes!
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon capers, rinsed and chopped (optional)
- 1 ounce smoked salmon
- 1 slice tomato
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin, split and toasted
- Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until it begins to soften, about 1 minute. Add egg whites, salt and capers (if using) and cook, stirring constantly, until whites are set, about 30 seconds.
- To make the sandwich, layer the egg whites, smoked salmon and tomato on English muffin.
Per serving: 214 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 7 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrates; 19 g protein; 3 g fiber; 670 mg sodium; 221 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Good source of omega-3s.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 2 lean meat
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup spelt flour
- 3 tbsp. coconut flour
- 2 scoops Protein
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1.5 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 1/2 tsp. poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute, Megan used Splenda, but we like to use Coconut Sugar or Truvia**
- 1/3 cup – chopped walnuts
- 225 g. grated zucchini (Megan uses large holes on a box grater you would normally use for cheese)
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 20 drops vanilla stevia
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp. ground flax seed plus 3 tbsp. warm water, mixed and allowed to sit/thicken for a few minutes)