I don’t know about you, but the weekends never seem long enough. They feel like they fly by faster than anything else. Here is Joy McCarthy’s list of 5 Types to Beat the Monday Blues. Check out her website for all the details. I have added my own notes in brackets):
1. Get moving — exercise! (Being a Registered Kinesiologist, Certified Personal Trainer, Certified Health Coach, I totally agree with this one. Exercise is the cure to everything, in my opinion… I would love to be up and moving right now instead of sitting)
2. Give someone a compliment (Yep, it helps… that’s all I can say)
3. Practice gratitude! (Definitely something I have to work on and I m trying to get better at that)
4. Dress Nicely! (I notice that I feel a lot better when I dress nicer/put on makeup. For a while when I was at the office I am working at, I would wear very minimal makeup. Sometimes I would go out of the house looking the same way. I noticed a HUGE difference with my self-esteem and how I felt. I was actually embarrassed about walking around looking like that. My excuse would be “well, I’m not trying to impress anyone at work because a) I’m not currently working in my field yet and everyone knows I’m only there temporarily and b) my boyfriend isn’t at work”. I noticed a difference with not wanting to talk to people as long because I didn’t want them to look at me and would try to avoid meeting someone… both things that are totally not me. Therefore, trust Joy and trust me when I say… always dress nicely and try to look your best. It makes you feel a hekofa lot better)
5. Eat Mood Boosting Foods: (Esp. Vitamin B’s… wow baby. Not getting enough vitamin B’s sure as hek makes a huge difference. I forgot to take my vitamin B’s today and I feel like running home just to take them to help bring back my mood).
Hope you all have a great Monday and make the best of it. Monday is almost like hitting a restart button. Had a bad week last week? Hit the restart button and make this next one better! Use it as motivation. Exercise, eat healthy and be grateful. If you had a lapse, it’s okay… that’s normal.
Check out the link below with Joy’s explanations on why this list helps beat the Monday Blues: