Since it’s getting colder outside, a great way to warm your belly and your heart is by having a warm, healthy recipe for breakfast, lunch or dinner :). Check out Lauren Conrad’s Recipe on Mini Chicken Pot Pies that have found to be a hit!
Mini Chicken Pot Pies
- muffin pan
- 2 rolls of whole wheat refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1 cup diced russet potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup diced green beans
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup roasted chicken, shredded
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper for taste
- 5 cups chicken broth (to make these heartier, use cream of chicken soup)
Instructions: 1. Preheat the over to 425 degrees. Then, in a large bowl, mix together your diced vegetables, chicken broth, eggs, and shredded chicken. (For the chicken, I just bought a whole roasted chicken from the market, pulled the meat off the bone, and shredded it.)
2. Take your whole-wheat dough and, using your fingers, divide it into the muffin holes, forming a mini crust in each.
3. Fill each muffin hole with your pot pie mixture. I filled mine up pretty full (but not so they overflowed) because I wanted more filling than dough in my pot pies.
4. Sprinkle a touch of salt and pepper on top of each pot pie.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes until each one is golden brown.
For what the recipe looks like step by step, check it out here: http://laurenconrad.com/blog/post/recipe-healthy-mini-chicken-vegetable-pot-pies-lauren-conrad-november-2013